As a company defined by experience and quality, with an international network of bases, and with a customer base featuring many of the world's largest oil & gas companies and most prestigious shipping businesses, it is clear why we are an employer of choice. We help our people achieve their potential, explore new opportunities and enjoy a fulfilling working life.
Survival Craft Inspectorate has an opportunity for a Materials Coordinator to join our busy Materials Team.
Reporting to the General Manager this position will be responsible for ensuring that all internal and external customer enquiries, queries and orders are processed in a professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
The job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all enquiries relating to the sale of materials are logged and processed in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all deliveries of materials and any associated documents are carried out fully in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
- Ensuring that all materials are ordered, tracked, received, stored, packaged and despatched in a professional, efficient and cost effective manner fully in accordance with the specified requirements.
- Ensuring that all delivery related documents are accurately completed and fully reflect the specified requirements.
- Ensuring that all materials being shipped to a work site complies with the information on the delivery documents and that they are correctly packaged and labelled.
- Ensure that the vendor database is correctly maintained, and that the stock database accurately reflects the stock actually held.
- Ensuring that all relevant documents are filed in a manner, which ensures that they are readily traceable.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on an as required basis with regard to any material related issues.
- Ensure that there is continual and measurable improvement in service offered to Customers.
- Giving technical support and assistance to Clients and the SCI Engineers with regard to any material issues.
- Ensure that “best practices” with regard to the procurement, storage, tracking and delivery of materials are identified and implemented.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensure, when dealing with clients or other non-Survival Craft personnel that the best interests of Survival Craft and any other Division of Survival Craft are always represented/presented.
- You will be required to carry out any additional duties that the General Manager considers to be within your range of capabilities.
Previous Operational or Logistics experience, good communications skills and computer literacy are essential. The candidate should also have knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices including Dangerous Good Awareness.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to LCampbell@survivalcraft.com
Due to contract awards and continued expansion Survival Craft have a vacancy for a Project Engineer based at Findon, near Aberdeen.
• HNC/HND qualified in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in mechanical & electrical engineering with particular specialist knowledge of the oil & gas and marine industry is preferred but not essential.
• Project engineering experience or the desire to move in to this field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work within a small team, as well as independently.
• Responsible for the progress of multiple projects, from initial kick-off to issue of deliverables.
• When required carrying out site and offshore visits. Liaison with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and support staff as required.
• The successful applicant must adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
Working as part of a successful team this position requires a person comfortable interacting with clients, colleagues as well as being able to work on their own initiative.
In return a competitive salary and benefits package is offered along with genuine career opportunities.
To apply, please send you CV and covering letter to LCampbell@survivalcraft.com
Engineers - Singapore
Survival Craft Inspectorate is currently seeking experienced Engineers for the Singapore base. Candidates must be a Singaporean resident, experienced and competent with inspection, repair and servicing of TEMPSC, hold as a minimum SSIC, BOSIET and medical certificates and a current driving licence.
Preferably candidates would possess liferaft experience, be familiar with shipyard safety systems and OEM approvals.
A competitive salary is offered plus the opportunity to join an expanding and progressive business. Engineers will be expected to travel to meet the operational needs of the business.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior / Service Engineers - USA
We are currently looking to recruit service engineers to work on survival systems on cruise vessels and ships worldwide. The role will include the inspection, repair, servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, release systems, davits and winches as well as other life saving equipment. The ideal candidates will have a mechanical engineering background with previous marine or offshore experience. These positions are based at our Ft. Lauderdale operation, though a degree of travel should be expected.
To apply in the first instance please send your CV to: email@example.com